Monday, June 6, 2011

I'm back! Well, for a bit at least...

Oops! It seems that I have been neglecting my blog... sorry about that folks. On May 5, my internship with the Daily Herald ended, and I moved out of DC and back to my hometown of Palatine, IL (that's a suburb of Chicago... excellent!).

So I've been here, settling back in and working as a communications intern for the Western Golf Association and Evans Scholars Foundation (same place I worked at last summer, and a wonderful organization). Here, I do a variety of things, but my biggest project is working on the Evans Scholars Alumni magazine, the Mac Report. You can check out a story I wrote last summer here, about an outstanding Evans Scholar Alum who took a year off from working at one of the nation's top consulting firms to volunteer in India.

*A bit of background, Evans Scholars are golf caddies with excellent academics, financial need and outstanding character who are awarded full tuition and housing scholarships to college by the Evans Scholars Foundation, which is administered by the Western Golf Association.


Anywho... even though I am no longer in DC, I still have some great blogging material! So stayed tuned for a little while longer for more on life in our nation's capitol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment