Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Restaurant Review: Good Stuff Eatery

This is one of my favorite places to eat in DC. Located on Pennsylvania Ave. near the Hill, Good Stuff Eatery serves, in my opinion, the tastiest burger in DC. Good Stuff is owned by the same people that own We The Pizza, and the line is usually pretty long, but don't let that throw you off. Good Stuff is exactly what the name says it is: good stuff. It's worth what is sometimes a 20 minute wait.

Good Stuff is a burgers and fries joint. My favorite order is the Farmhouse Cheese burger: $5.89, American cheese, tomato, thinly-sliced onion, lettuces, pickles and "Good Stuff" sauce (basically your standard "special sauce" - ketchup and mayo), all on a "sweet, buttery soft, freshly baked Pennsylvania Dutch bun." It's very messy and very delicious. I'd also recommend Spike's Village Fries: topped with fresh thyme, rosemary and sea salt. My roommate's not a fan of the spices on it, but I really like them. It's a unique flavor that I haven't found anywhere else.

Good Stuff also serves delicious shakes. So far I've tried the Cookies and Cream, Milky Way Malt and Toasted Marshmallow. All very tasty.

The Facts:


Menu: BURGERS!!!, chicken sandwiches, salads, fries, chili, beer, shakes

Price: kind of expensive for a fast food place. Burgers range from $5.69 - $7.89. From 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, Mon-Fri, you can get a cheeseburger, fries and soda for $10.

Location: 303 Pennsylvania Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20003. Closest metros are Capital South and Eastern Market

Hours: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm, Mon.-Sat. CLOSED SUNDAY!!! (I didn't know this last Sunday and got pretty upset... you have been warned.)

My Rating: *****

No comments:

Post a Comment