Friday, January 28, 2011

It 'snow' big deal!

After visiting an exhibit at the Newseum where news comics mocked puns used in headlines for stories about snow storms, I found this impossible to resist. Wednesday night we got hit with a bit of snow here in DC, and everyone has been freaking out! Yes, it is a bit messy out here, but I'm from Chicago and let me tell you, there is NO need to panic. This is standard winter weather. This is what I expect! Honestly, I've been shocked at how nice the weather has been since I've moved here. Most days the temperature has been in the upper 30s, or even 40s and 50s! I even went grocery shopping yesterday! And if you read my previous post, that would be no easy task in weather as treacherous as some are making DC out to be. So settle down people, cause it 'snow' big deal! hehe

view from my apartment window (please notice the completely clear road)

1 comment:

  1. You had me at "I even went grocery shopping yesterday" :-) Have a great weekend ESD!!

    ReplyDelete